Measurements of gravity provide information about densities of rocks in the subsurface by making precise measurements of the earth’s gravity field and how it changes spatially. The gravity method is relatively quick, non-invasive and cheap, and can be used for both small- and large-scale surveys. The technique has a wide range of applications from geological investigations to examining the structural integrity of infrastructure.
Gravity surveys are used in:
- Cavity detection in urban environments
- Estimating depth to bedrock
- Determining the size and morphology of ore bodies
- Mapping of intrusions and faults
- Mapping of infilled basin sedimentary structures
• Scintrex CG-5